Risks for Transmission of COVID-19
Please understand that there is a risk for COVID-19 transmission associated with giving/receiving massages; for more information, please review the following policies.
Birch Tree Wellness, LLC will be following thorough cleaning, disinfecting & prevention guidelines. However, this is NOT a guarantee. Transmission risk is increased by being close together for long periods, particularly in small, poorly-ventilated space.
Please follow the face-covering & social distancing rules. Also, be honest with me about your risk or exposure, and provide accurate health information when it is requested.
View the full Post-Appointment Cleaning & Disinfecting Checklist
State Guidelines Regarding Massage Sessions
- Both the massage therapist and client must wear a face-covering during the session.
- To minimize the dispersion of infected respiratory droplets, limit talking during the session to communication about pressure, warmth, & comfort.
- Because a face covering is worn for the duration of the massage, safe face massage is not possible and therefore discouraged at this time.
- Ask clients to wait outside in their vehicle or, if that is not possible, at the entrance of the business with at least 6 feet between clients until their scheduled appointment.
- Request that client sanitize their hands before they leave the session room and before they pass through common areas of the facility.
You can read the entire checklist for massage facilities HERE.
- Review Birch Tree Wellness’s COVID-19 High-Risk Client Policies before scheduling.
- Update your online intake form before each appointment. This makes sure you’re keeping me informed of potential health issues, as well as agreeing to the policies on the waiver section of the form. You should receive an email request to do so by the day before your appointment. You may need to check your spam/promotions folder.
- If you have traveled out of the state or to an area of Maine with a high volume of cases of COVID-19, please wait two weeks before scheduling a massage.
- If you have had visitors from out of state and have not been able to socially distance, please wait until two weeks after they leave to schedule a massage.
- If you have attended a large event or location where a large number of people were not wearing masks, please wait two weeks to schedule.
- I am not accepting new clients for the time being. I will reassess this policy on a month by month basis.
- Please do not bring friends or family along to hang out while getting your massage.
- Do not arrive more than 5-10 minutes early for your appointment. If you arrive earlier than that, wait in your car or at least six feet from the main entrance of the building until within 10 minutes of your appointment.
- DO NOT send someone else in to take over your appointment for you.
- Consider paying for your session with a card. You can also prepay for your appointment when you book online. I will have it set up so you don’t need to sign. Checks are acceptable. Cash is okay, but please bring the exact amount. A box will be provided to drop cash & checks into.
- You can learn more about what to expect from your appointment on the General Reopening Policies page.
COVID-19 Exposure, Symptoms or Other Signs of Illness
If you are experiencing any potential COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment for when you are no longer symptomatic. Clients will be sent home if they arrive for their appointment with symptoms.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
I will be using a touch-free thermometer to check your temperature when you arrive for your massage. If your temperature is over 100.4°, we will need to reschedule your appointment. Keep this in mind if you are walking, biking, or running to the office, and give yourself time to cool off.
If you have been to a COVID-19-impacted area or have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment for 14 days past the date of contact.
Please reschedule your appointment if you have a cold or the flu.
If You Have Had COVID-19
Please contact me prior to scheduling so that we can discuss your illness, as well as any post-illness symptoms or complications you may be experiencing.
Modified Cancellation Policy
Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, I have modified my cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to my clients. I hope this will alleviate any stress or hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, especially if you are not feeling well, I understand. However, please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. In addition, there will be no penalties for cancellations.