Client COVID Exposure Policy
As COVID has not gone away and seems unlikely to any time soon, Birch Tree Wellness, LLC is taking a moment to clarify & update COVID exposure policies. These policies are based upon CDC guidelines while taking into consideration the unique risks presented in a massage practice. If you are still unsure about whether you should keep your appointment, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask questions.
If someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19:
- Wait until their symptoms have been resolved for at least 5 days, and both you and they have tested negative before coming in for a massage.
- Even if your household is symptom-free, please wait at least 10 days before coming in for a massage.
- Please show a negative COVID test result for yourself taken within 72 hours of your appointment.
If you have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, but do not share a household with them:
- Please wait at least 10 days and show a negative COVID home test result within 72 hours of your appointment, even if you are symptom-free.
- If you have cold/flu-like symptoms, but still test negative, please wait until the symptoms have been resolved for at least 5 days and show a negative COVID home test before coming in.
If you test positive for COVID:
- Please notify Birch Tree Wellness as soon as possible if you were in for an appointment within the last 10 days.
- Cancel any upcoming massage appointments that are within the next couple of weeks.
- You may reschedule your appointment after your symptoms have been resolved for at least 5 days and you have had a negative COVID test.
- Even if you are symptom-free, please wait 10 days and provide a negative COVID home test within the last 72 hours.
- Appointments that have had to be canceled due to illness are automatically placed at the top of the reschedule waiting list.
If you have any cold/flu-like symptoms and test negative for COVID
- Please cancel your appointment and wait until the symptoms have been resolved for at least 5 days prior to rescheduling.
These policies are subject to change at any time as infection rates and guidelines change. Thank you for your cooperation!