General COVID-19 Policies
- For the time being, I am limiting appointments to 3-4 per day, with one hour between appointments to thoroughly clean and disinfect.
- A significant spike in COVID-19 cases in our area, or an order from the governor, may result in my closing the office temporarily again.
- I will contact you if I am not feeling well on the day of your massage and reschedule your appointment.
- If you are not feeling well on the day of your appointment, even if it’s “just the tail end of a cold”, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Everyone must update their health intake information prior to their appointment. This form is HIPAA compliant. If you haven’t updated it, you will need to take time before your appointment starts to do so.
- You will receive an email with updates & information sometime during the week of your appointment. I will text or email the day before your appointment to check in with you.
The Day of Your Appointment
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes early for your appointment, please wait outside unless you need to get out of the heat.
- Everyone must wear a face covering the entire time they are in the office. I will set it up so that you don’t have to wear one when laying face down. Keep in mind that balaclava and bandana style face coverings may make working on your neck more challenging.
- Please use the hand sanitizer near the door when you come into the office.
- I will be using a touchless thermometer to check your temperature when you arrive. If your temperature is over 100.4°, we will need to reschedule your appointment. (Keep this in mind when walking, running, or biking to your appointment, and give yourself time to cool off.)
- I will ask a few COVID-19 related questions when you arrive.
During Your Massage
- We will most likely start your massage face down, and you can take your mask off and keep it nearby for this part. I will be using a pillowcase as a substitute for the face covering.
- When it’s time to roll over, you will put your face covering back on.
- I know it’s hard for a number of you (and me!), but try to limit chatting during your massage, as it decreases the effectiveness of wearing a mask.
- When your massage is finished, please leave your mask on. Use the hand sanitizer before opening the door to leave the massage room.
After Your Massage
- I want to make the payment process as contactless as possible. I will accept cards that you can tap or swipe. You can also use Apple Pay. Checks are okay, and cash is okay as long as you bring exact change. I will have a box to drop cash and checks into to handle the next day.
- I will check in with you a day or so after your massage, to see how you’re feeling and make sure you haven’t noticed any new COVID-19 symptoms.
Thank you so much for continuing to be patient while I iron this all out and do my best to keep you safe. Remember, there are no guarantees, we can just do the best we can.