What is Swedish Massage?
One of the most commonly known types of massage, Swedish Massage, with its signature long, flowing strokes, relaxes the entire body and soothes the nervous system. Beyond simple relaxation, Swedish massage helps to relieve pain, reduce muscle tension and alleviate fibrosis. Circulation is improved by focusing the long, flowing strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart.
Swedish massage improves the flow of lymph, helping your immune system, and aids in the removal of metabolic wastes. Regular massage triggers a relaxation response in the body, setting up the conditions for the body to heal itself. In addition to the physical benefits, the mental health benefits of massage include reducing stress and improving sleep – with one hour of massage equal to three hours of restorative sleep. It can also help to release emotional trauma and its effects on the body.
Positive Benefits of Massage:
- Relieve stress & reduce anxiety
- Ease symptoms of depression
- Reduce the effects of stress on a physical and psychological level
- Reduce stress and anxiety in cancer patients
- Ease pregancy related aches and pains
- Relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Relieve tension headaches/reduce migraine frequency
- Relieve low back pain
- Decrease muscle spasms/cramps
- Help chronic pain/fibromyalgia
- Reduce/prevent carpal tunnel pain
- Improve sleep
- Improve exercise performance/prevent injuries
- Increase circulation
- Improve range of motion/flexibility
Ask if massage can help your particular health issues!
Go to the services page for massage pricing.