Wondering how massage can improve your health? The American Massage Therapy Association publishes lots of research on the benefits of massage. Check out this collection of links to different research information!
2. Get better sleep – Research indicates that massage can improve health by improving your sleep. This is especially helpful in people with chronic pain, anxiety, and stress.
3. Boost mental health and wellness – Research suggests that along with symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression may be directly affected with massage therapy.
4. Manage pain – Pain can affect your quality of life, not to mention, impede recovery from illness or injury. Research shows massage can help low-back pain, headaches, neck pain, and more.
5. Increase range of motion – Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from massage therapy. Massage can help reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
Here are some more posts that answer frequently asked questions:
- How Often Should I Get a Massage?
- How Long of a Massage Should I Schedule?
- Can a Massage Help Your Headache?
- When Is Massage Not a Good Idea?